Thread: Fanfics

Fanfics

Ai có Fan fics về MegaMan thì cứ post vô đây nha!Tìm trên Net hay tự làm cũng được,tiếng Anh hay Việt đều được
    Last edited by shizu_hikari; 27-03-2009 at 06:07 PM.
    Best xD

Đây là Fanfics tớ lấy từ rockman online
    Spoiler:
    Being Saito

By Atreyu452

He was fast asleep, oblivious to the passing of time and the rising sun, despite the fact it was thirty minutes passed the time he was supposed to wake up. I could only smile ruefully. He always did this, every single morning. No matter how many times he was scolded by his friends or Mariko-sensei, his teacher, and especially by me, he still did it. I would have to use the direct approach once again to wake him up.

“NETTO-KUN! YOU’RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!”

Netto jerked upright in panic, and in the process got tangled up in his sheets. He yelped and fought the sheet’s hold, still half asleep.

“Netto-kun, you’re going to—”

Netto’s struggling rolled him off the bed, and he hit the ground with a loud thump.

“—fall,” I finished, wincing. Netto was always a bit cranky when he got up in the morning, but this was really going to set him off.

“ROCKMAN!” Netto sputtered, finally untangling himself from the blankets. “Why did you do that?” He then glanced at his clock, and I watched his eyes go wide. “Why didn’t you wake me sooner? I’m going to be late!”

I resisted the urge to sigh. Netto’s one track mind had kicked into gear once again. “I tried. Nothing I do ever wakes you up.”

“Yelling at me seemed to work!” Netto grumbled as he struggled to get dressed. “What I want to know is, why didn’t you do that to begin with?”

His last words had turned teasing, and I smiled in response. “I guess it never occurs to me that yelling at you can be anything but a last resort.”

“Figures,” Netto said. He grabbed my PET and raced out of his room, bounding down the stairs. One of these days he was going to trip and bounce down the stairs instead, I just knew it. “Yelling would be the first thing I’d do.”

~Huh? What’s a PET, you ask? Oh, I forgot, you’re not from around here, are you? Well, let me backtrack and explain. I am a personal net navi—a navigator of the Internet and all computer systems, to be exact. You would probably think of it like an advanced computer program, although that’s not a very close comparison. I am much more advanced than any program you could name, I assure you. My name is Rockman.EXE, the personal net navi and friend of my operator, Hikari Netto. I was created to be his navi by his father, Hikari Yuuichiro. A PET, short for PErsonal Terminal, is just a small portable device that carries my data around. And now back to what I was saying…~

“That’s what I thought,” I teased, grinning. Netto’s personality and mine are completely different, and sometimes we clash because of it, but Netto and I are best friends. We may get into fights, but they never last long.

We got to the bottom of the stairs, and Netto looked around. “Where’s my backpack?”

This time I didn’t hold back my groan. If Netto were more careful, he wouldn’t have these problems, and now we were going to be even later for school!

“It’s not in the corner you threw it in?” I asked. If Netto was more careful with his stuff, he wouldn’t have this problem either. I supposed I had a disapproving tone to my voice, but Netto didn’t pick up on it. He can be a bit thick at times, especially in the mornings.

“Netto!” A voice to our left called, causing Netto to spin around toward the kitchen. A woman wearing a skirt and a purple shirt was holding his backpack. She smiled at him. “There you are, Netto. I didn’t think I would get to see you this morning.”

That was Netto’s mother, Hikari Haruka. She’s a very kind and loving mother, and always seemed to be in a cheerful mood. Mama’s also a great cook—

~What? You think it’s strange that I call her Mama? She doesn’t mind, and besides, she’s my mother too. What do you mean, that makes no sense? It makes perfect sense if you think about it. Now, do you want to hear the rest of the story? You do? Then stop interrupting.~

“He overslept again, Mama,” I said loudly.

“Rockman!” Netto shushed me. Mama laughed and handed Netto his backpack. We both knew how lazy Netto could be in the mornings. I think Mama’s grateful that I’m around, otherwise she would have to wake Netto up every morning.

“Why don’t you eat breakfast really quickly, before you go?” Mama suggested. “It’s not good for you to learn on an empty stomach.”

“Netto-kun, you were supposed to meet Meiru-chan at the corner today,” I reminded him.

“Oh, I forgot!” Netto spun around and raced for the door. I couldn’t help but snicker as he hesitated at the door, turned and ran back, grabbed a roll from the kitchen, and then ran out the door. I swear sometimes his brain is controlled by his stomach .

“Itte kimasu!” Netto and I called as Netto ran out the door.

“Itte rasshai!” Mama called back before the door slammed shut.

Netto ran out to the sidewalk and paused. Sure enough, Meiru was waiting at the corner, her back to Netto and her arms crossed. Meiru is one of Netto’s friends and is in the same fifth grade class he is. Sometimes I wonder how they came to become friends, because their personalities are vastly different. Meiru’s responsible, and Netto is… well, not responsible most of the time. I think you can guess the rest of their personalities from there.

“She doesn’t look happy…” I muttered.

“She can’t be too mad,” Netto said, but he sounded doubtful. “I’m not that late.”

At that moment, Meiru turned around and spotted Netto, and boy, did she look mad. Let me pause to explain something. Remember the fights I mentioned that Netto and I sometimes get in? They’re nothing compared to the rows Netto and Meiru can have.

“NETTO-KUN!”

Her voice carried down the street, almost amplified by the houses on either side of it. Netto winced. “Why is everyone yelling at me today?” he complained, slowly approaching Meiru. “Anou, Ohayo, Meiru-chan.”

Netto and Meiru have what you would call a “love/hate” relationship, although I believe those words are too strong for their situation. They’re good friends, most of the time, but when they get into a fight, you can hear it from across town. I suspect Netto has a crush on Meiru, but if I asked him, he would never admit it. I think he’s afraid I’ll tell Roll, who is Meiru’s navi, Roll.EXE. She and I are good friends, and we don’t fight like Netto and Meiru do. Roll tells me that Meiru likes Netto back, but the way they act, you would never be able to tell. Sometimes I feel tempted to “help” things along, but I could never really do a thing like that. Netto might never forgive me if he found out.

“You’re late, Hikari Netto!” Meiru snapped. She was holding her PET in her hand, and I could see Roll looking resigned within the PET. I waved at her, and she waved back, bowing slightly as if to apologize for Meiru’s temper. I shook my head; Meiru, in my opinion, had every right to be angry. Roll and I are good at silent communicating. We do it a lot during Netto and Meiru’s fights. We’ve even developed simple hand gestures for more complex words and sentences.

~What’s that you ask? Do I have a crush on Roll-chan? Well, she and I are friends… um, let’s get back to what I was talking about, shall we?~

Netto and Meiru’s fight was rising in volume. “Netto-kun!” I hissed urgently. “People are starting to stare!” It was true. I could feel their stares from across the street and out of nearby windows.

“Meiru-chan!” Roll cried, trying to get her operator’s attention. “You’ll be late for school!”

“Netto-kun? Meiru-chan?” A new voice broke in, sounding puzzled. Netto and Meiru turned with twin looks of surprise, and I peered out my PET to see the source of the voice. A small, blonde, pigtailed girl—Yaito—was staring at Netto from the window of her limousine.

Yaito is another friend of Netto. She’s the daughter of the president of Gabcom, so she has a lot of money. She’s very smart too, and she’s in the same grade Netto is, even though she’s only eight. She can have a superior attitude sometimes, but her navi, Glyde.EXE, is very polite and nice. He has a lot of patience, which is something you would need around Yaito, I suppose.

“Yaito-chan?” Netto looked as puzzled as Yaito. I bet he had forgotten his fight with Meiru already, judging by the look on his face. “What are you doing here? You should have gone to school already!”

Yaito turned red. “Well, I had something I needed to do before class, and it took longer than I thought it would. But we’re all going to be late for class if we stay here talking. Get in!”

That was strange; Yaito was usually the first to get to school. What could she consider important enough to risk being late? Netto didn’t hesitate before opening the door of the limousine and piling in.

I caught a brief glimpse of Meiru following with more dignity. “Thank you, Yaito-chan, for giving us a ride.”

“Yeah, it was nice of you to pick us up, Yaito-chan,” Netto chimed in. The limousine started forward.

“Netto, you’re squishing me,” I complained. My PET had been pressed against the interior side of the limousine, and I couldn’t see a thing.

“Gomen, Rockman,” Netto apologized, moving a bit. He seemed to think for a second. Then he pulled the PET out and positioned it so I could see everything he could. For all his faults, Netto could be very thoughtful in his own way.

“Actually,” Yaito looked embarrassed. “I was almost considering not stopping for you. We’re very late for school, and I thought… I thought you two might have other plans to get there.”

“Oh,” Netto said.

That was very typical of Yaito. It wasn’t that she was rude; it was just that she could be brutally honest at times. Sometimes I think Netto needs a little brutal honesty to get through to him.

“Well!” Meiru smiled, looking uncomfortable. “It was nice of you to change your mind.”

“No problem!” Yaito smiled, seeming unaware of the discomforting situation she had caused.

“Hey,” Netto said, looking out the window. “This isn’t the way to school.” I followed his gaze.

“Oh,” Yaito glanced out the window. “This is a shortcut.”

“Are you sure?” Netto looked doubtful. I couldn’t blame him. The area we were passing through was an old neighborhood, with many traditional houses lining the sides of the street. I thought Netto and I had explored the entire town, but this area looked unfamiliar.

“Yes, I’m sure,” Yaito said firmly. She didn’t like people doubting her much.

Meiru and Yaito started a conversation about hairclips. I noticed that Netto seemed distracted. He was staring out the window with a distant look in his eyes. Frankly, I couldn’t blame him for being disinterested in the girls’ conversation.

“Netto-kun?” I said, trying to get his attention. It was a rare moment whenever he was so quiet. “What’s wrong?”

“I think I’ve been here before,” Netto said softly.

“What? When?” I didn’t recognize the area, and Netto rarely went anywhere without me.

“It was before I got you,” Netto explained. “When I was really young. I remember walking down these streets with Mama.” He frowned. “That’s funny; I can’t remember where we were going.”

“It must have been really important, for it to stick in your memory like that,” Yaito said teasingly, breaking in to our conversation.

Netto and I turned back to the girls, both of us surprised. I realized by the looks on their faces that they had been listening intently. Instead of saying something joking back, like I had expected him to, Netto merely frowned and turned back to the window. Meiru and Yaito exchanged surprised looks.

“Netto-kun?” I said, worried. This was extremely unlike him.

“Netto, I didn’t mean to upset you…” Yaito trailed off, hesitating.

“It’s not that,” Netto said. He scowled at the window, his reflection scowling back at him. “I can’t remember why I was here before and it’s bothering me.”

“Why don’t you ask your mother after school?” Meiru suggested.

Netto frowned, but nodded reluctantly. “Yeah, I guess you’re—hey, there’s Enzan!”

It was true. I could see the dyed-white hair of Ijuuin Enzan, one of the best, if not the best netbattler in Japan. The amazing part about it is that he’s only a year older than Netto. He has a very cold and distant nature, and in some ways, he could act snobbier than Yaito. He was walking down his street with his red PET in his hand. That red PET contained his navi, Blues.EXE. Blues is very much like his operator, and obeys his every command. He’s just as rude as his operator too.

“What?” Yaito and Meiru exclaimed, just as surprised as we were at Enzan’s appearance.

Yaito shoved Netto away from the window and peered through it. For a moment, all I could see was the red color of her dress as she climbed over Netto to see out his window. “It is Enzan, that jerk!” she exclaimed. “Driver, stop the car!”

The limousine came to a screeching halt, causing Netto and Yaito to fall forward. Once again I was blinded momentarily as Netto and Yaito struggled to get up.

“Hey!” I protested loudly. I was getting very tired of being blinded and tossed around, intentional or not.

Yaito somehow managed to grab the door handle and get out of the car, leaving Netto and my PET in a jumbled heap on the limousine’s floor. I found myself staring at the ceiling of the limousine. Meiru’s face appeared in my view as she leaned forward. I assumed she was trying to see what Yaito was up to.

“What is she doing?” Meiru asked, confusion clouding her features.

“I dunno,” Netto grunted, pulling himself to his feet. The PET bounced around like crazy, and I had to look away to keep from becoming dizzy.

~What? Of course I can get dizzy! I told you, my programming is like nothing you’ve ever seen. Now stop interrupting, I’m almost finished.~

Finally, Netto righted himself, and I could see Yaito talking to Enzan. We were too far to hear what they were saying, but Yaito looked angry. As we watched, Enzan said something, his expression calm. Yaito stamped her foot and turned away, looking furious. Enzan moved as if to walk away.

“That does it,” Netto mumbled. He hooked my PET to its carrying case on his belt and ran out of the limousine. “Oi! Enzan!”

“Netto-kun, wait for me!” Meiru called, following him.

Enzan paused as Netto ran up to him. Yaito continued to ignore him, scowling.

“What is it you want, Hikari?” Enzan asked flatly.

Netto took a breath. “What did you do to Yaito?” he demanded. Yaito looked surprised at Netto’s outburst.

“I did nothing to her,” Enzan said. “She asked me a question, and I gave her an answer. Apparently, it wasn’t the answer she wanted.”

“Is that so?” Netto shot back. He had a fierce competition with Enzan to be the top netbattler, but I think he was more concerned for Yaito’s feelings at the moment. Once again, it was one of the rare moments when Netto proved he could be thoughtful.

“It’s all right, Netto-kun,” Yaito broke in. “He’s telling the truth.” Meiru had gone to her side and was watching her with interest. I think she was resisting the urge to demand there and then what question it was and why was she asking Enzan. I know I was curious about it.

“Well…” Netto hesitated. I think he was searching his mind for something else he could argue with Enzan about.

“If that is all you want, then I will leave now,” Enzan said, turning away.

“Wait a second!” Netto demanded angrily. “Just what were you doing in this neighborhood anyway?”

I half expected Enzan to tell him that it wasn’t any of his business. Instead, he said, “I was looking for your father. Someone told me I could find him at the graveyard. I didn’t see him there, however, so now I’m leaving. Is that all right with you?”

“My father? What graveyard?” Netto sounded confused.

Enzan sighed as if we were being a great burden on him, and pointed. “That graveyard. Now, if you’ll excuse me…” I watched him continue down the road. Something was wrong with this. Why would Papa be in a graveyard? Unless… unless it was…

“It is a graveyard…” Netto said, his expression puzzled as he stared at the entrance to the graveyard.

The word “graveyard” burned into my brain. Suddenly, I knew why Papa was visiting the graveyard, and why Mama had been here before.

“Netto-kun, we’re going to be late for school,” I pleaded. “Let’s just go.”

“I want to know why Papa was in a graveyard,” Netto argued back.

“Netto-kun, Rockman’s right,” Meiru said, gesturing for him to follow her. “We can’t be late for school.”

“You guys go on ahead,” Netto replied, walking slowly towards the gate. “I want to see what Papa is up to.”

“Well…” Meiru still looked uncertain.

“C’mon, we’re going to be late,” Yaito interrupted, pulling on Meiru’s skirt. “Mariko-sensei will be mad if we’re late. Netto-kun will be fine; the school’s not that far from here.”

“Thanks for the concern, Yaito-chan,” Netto mumbled, still walking away. Frankly, I couldn’t help but agree with him, but Yaito did like to be the teacher’s pet sometimes. It was just the way she was.

“Well, all right,” Meiru said hesitantly. “I’ll see you later, Netto-kun.”

Netto waved a hand at her and walked on. With every step he took into the graveyard, the more desperate I got. I had to stop him before he found out the truth. I promised Papa…

“Netto-kun, please, just go back to school,” I begged. “You’re going to get in so much trouble!”

Netto paused and looked around, taking in the shrine in one corner and the engraved headstones. “If I didn’t know any better,” he said, “I’d say you were trying to stop me from finding something.”

If I had a heart, it would have frozen right there at the spot. “Netto-kun, you’re being ridiculous,” I snapped.

“And you’re acting funny!” Netto snapped back. “I want to know why!”

“Netto-kun, we’re in a graveyard!” I hissed. “Try to keep it down.”

“Oh, yeah,” Netto looked around sheepishly before bowing apologetically to the closest grave. He began walking again, still holding my PET in his hands. “I know all you’re worried about is school, Rockman, but I hardly get to see Papa. He’s always off on some kind of business trip or at work. If he’s here, then I at least want to know why.”

He sounded determined, and I could see by the look on his face that he was. I sighed heavily; there was no arguing with Netto when he got in this mood. “All right,” I said, defeated. “But if we don’t find him soon, you have to promise to head straight for school.”

“Daijoubu,” Netto said. “Don’t worry. You have a deal.”

I had never wished harder than at that moment to be able to chew on my nails, or pull on my hair, or do something to release the nervousness that I was feeling. Netto was my responsibility, and I had promised Papa that I would never tell him. What would I do if he found out on his own?

Fortunately for me, I was saved.

“Netto?”

Netto spun around. “Papa!” he cried.

Hikari Yuuichirou, Netto’s father, was staring at his son in amazement. I would be staring too if I was in his position. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in school?”

Now it was my turn to see Netto fidget, and after arguing with him for so long, it was kind of nice to see him squirm.

“Anou… I heard that you were here, and I wanted to see you,” Netto looked down at his feet. “I’m sorry for missing school, Papa.”

Papa sighed. “Well, I suppose I can forgive this little incident for once. Just don’t tell your Mama, all right?”

“Okay!” Netto beamed, his guilt forgotten. That was Netto for you; thick as a log and as forgetful as an old man.

“Papa, Enzan was looking for you, but he said he didn’t see you here,” I informed him. I was still a little angry with Netto and had resolved not to talk to him unless I had to.

“Really? I must have missed him,” Papa said, looking thoughtful. “I wonder what he wanted?”

“Papa, what are you doing in a graveyard?” Netto asked.

I cringed. How was Papa going to answer this one?

“I was visiting some relatives,” Papa answered smoothly, not missing a beat. I swear I’ll never learn how to do that.

“Why? It’s not the Obon festival,” Netto said.

Papa laughed. “It doesn’t have to be the Obon festival to visit a graveyard, Netto. One of these days you’ll find that out for yourself. Now, how’s your schoolwork coming? You must be pretty confidant to skip school at your leisure.”

Netto looked uncomfortable. “Actually…”

The rest of the day went by, like it usually did. Netto got scolded from Mariko-sensei for being late, but she forgave him after Papa stepped in and said he had been responsible for Netto’s absence. It wasn’t true, but it let Netto off the hook. Yaito was unusually silent for the first part of the day, but later on, Netto informed me that he had seen her drawing pictures of Enzan with horns and was taking great pleasure in ripping them up. Meiru was still worried about her, but that sounded like typical Yaito behavior to me. She would be fine.

Netto made it home without becoming involved with any WWW plots to take over the world, or exploding buses, or mad robotic animals running amok, and it seemed that the morning had never happened. When we got home, Papa was there, which was an unusual surprise, but not a bad one. The only other unusual thing that happened was that Papa asked to see me and my PET after dinner.

Netto had looked surprised. “Sure, Papa, as long as it’s all right with Rockman.”

I was touched by his thoughtfulness. Most operators—Ijuuin Enzan being a good example—didn’t bother asking their navis what they wanted to do, they just told them. That was another reason why Netto and I are more than just partners—we’re friends.

“It’s fine with me,” I replied.

Papa carefully took my PET from Netto and got up from the table. “I’ll be in my study for a few minutes. I just want to check on Rockman’s operating systems.”

“Can I come too?” Netto asked.

“Why don’t you stay and help Mama with the dishes?” Papa suggested, already leaving the room.

“Ahhhh,” Netto groaned, but the last I saw of him, he was helping Mama clean off the plates.

Papa quickly entered the study and shut the door. “How are you doing, Rockman?” he asked quietly, hooking the PET up to his computer.

“I’m fine,” I answered. “It’s tough keeping up with Netto sometimes, but I get by.” I hesitated before saying my next words. “I didn’t realize you had the grave so close to the house.”

“We weren’t really thinking of location then,” Papa sighed, as if realizing his almost lighthearted words sounded wrong. “I’m sorry, Rockman. We’ve never taken you there. I would have, but with Netto around—”

“I understand,” I said, smiling slightly. “Besides, it would feel strange, looking at my own grave.”

“I’m checking your systems, just so I wouldn’t be telling a lie to Netto,” Papa said. “How do you feel about all… this?”

“You mean, keeping it a secret from Netto?” I asked, sighing. “It’s hard sometimes, but I knew it’s for the best. For now, I’m happy with just being close to him, even if I can’t be his brother.”

~What’s this about brothers? Just wait.~

The conversation lapsed into silence, and I found myself thinking of why the graveyard had sent me into such a panic. If Netto had gone any farther, he might have found the grave marked Hikari Saito. The grave of his twin brother, someone he never even knew had existed. My grave, or the grave of who I used to be. Some of my programming still carries the DNA of Saito, even though I am now Rockman. Papa and Mama are planning on waiting until Netto is older to tell him about his brother, and the truth about me. I’m happy with that plan; I don’t want him to treat me differently than he does now.

“I’m done with the checking,” Papa announced. “Are you ready to rejoin the family?”

I nodded, and together we left the study. Even if I cannot enjoy this world as Saito, I know I’ll always be a part of the Hikari family as Rockman, no matter what.

~Well, that’s my story. Thanks for sticking around and listening to me. It’s hard to hold it all in, keeping all these secrets from Netto and the rest of my friends. I appreciate any chance to tell someone. Sayonara. Rockman.EXE, jacking out.~

Owari
    (The End)

Author’s note: I wondered how Rockman/Saito saw things from the confinement of his PET, and I wanted to get his possible point of view of events and people. The first game (as I remember it) seemed to indicate that Rockman knew he had been Saito, and I wondered how he dealt with that information and the life he now leads (even though the story is based mostly on the show). This story is dedicated to Shimegami.EXE/Izumi, for being such a cool, generous person and a huge Saito fan. ^_^

…Who’s Rockman talking to? Why, you, the reader, of course!

Glossary of Japanese words:

Itte kimasu—“I’m off.” Loose translation. A phrase that you always, always say when leaving the house or home.

Itte rasshai—“Be careful.” Loose translation. The response to the phrase that you always, always say when leaving the house or home.
    Anou—Japanese for—believe it or not—“um, uh, er.” Can be said to get someone’s attention, but usually something you say when searching for a word.

Gomen—short, informal form of gomen nasai, “I’m sorry.”

Ohayo—Short, informal form of ohayo gozaimasu, “good morning.”

-chan—suffix. Used for close friends or siblings younger than yourself as a term of endearment.

-kun—yet another suffix, -kun is usually used for boys. It can be used for those “equal” (in age, grade, or rank), or “below” you.

Daijoubu—It can be used for more than one meaning, such as “it’s all right,” or, if it’s in a question (daijoubu desu ka?) “are you all right?” Netto is using it in the context of “don’t worry.”

Obon festival—The Buddist festival of Obon takes place over a few days in July or August, depending on the area. Graves are cleaned and offerings made to welcome back the spirits of ancestors.

Sayonara—A formal good-bye. It indicates that the speaker will not see the person they’re addressing for a long time.
    Best xD

Chậc...vắng thế nhỉ..Thôi tui post tiếp vậy.:hjc:
    Spoiler:
    Transmission!

wish I could

reach out and touch you If only for the length of a

thought

It was a slow day for the Netbattlers of Akihara.

"Sorry, Netto-kun, I really need to do my piano practice today," Meiru said apologetically, holding up a sheaf of sheet music. "We could do something after school tomorrow."

"Sure...see you tomorrow, then." Meiru turned the corner and disappeared on her scooter.

"I need to have a beauty treatment done," Yaito declared from the window of her limo, halting Netto from asking the question that was about to leave his mouth. She waved and rolled up the tinted glass as the car sped off. "Bai-bai~!"

"What about you, Dekao-kun?" Netto asked hesitantly. "Want to have a Net battle?"

"Not today," he sulked. "I'm still grounded for sneaking out with you LAST week. See ya, Netto."

"Bye." The bigger boy left in the same direction Meiru had gone (probably trying to catch up to her, Netto reflected wryly) and disappeared. "Che! They're all so busy on a Sunday."

Dejected, the teen skated down the sidewalk to a small park, where he sat down on a bench and took out his PET. "You'll have to keep me company today, Rockman."

"If there's anything I can do, Netto-kun, I'll do it."

Netto's expression turned sour for a moment, then he picked up a pebble and threw it into the small pond.

"Netto-kun...?"

"Yeah, Rockman."

"What's wrong?"

Netto sighed. "I'm just bored. I wish one of the others had some time for me today."

"I'm always here."

"You're stuck in the PET. What good is that?" Netto was only letting on to a sliver of the bitterness he was feeling. "It's just great," he said sarcastically, "I have lots of casual friends, but I find myself thinking of a computer program as my best friend. That's not normal."

Rockman was quiet for a moment. "I'm your best friend?"

"Of course." Netto held the PET in front of him, smiling at the blushing Navi. "I mean, Meiru is my oldest, closest friend...but she's a girl, and they think differently sometimes. Yaito-chan is the same, and I don't know her that well...and Dekao I like, but I don't think he likes me so much." Netto's eyes were downcast still. "So...yeah, you're my best friend, but I can't even hug you or hang out with you or try new things with you...all we can do is talk."

"Is that what's been bothering you?" Rockman crossed his arms inside the PET. "I'm glad you think of me like that, but aren't you lonely?"

"Sometimes."

This seemed to bring even Rockman's spirits down a notch. "Oh."

"I wish..." Netto smiled wistfully, gazing at the sky. "I wish sometimes that you could come out of there, and we could be friends. Not Operator and Navi, just normal kids. You can't do that, can you?"

"I can't," Rockman said apologetically. "I'm made of data. There'd be no vessel to hold me outside the PET."

"I know."

Human and Navi fell silent for a few moments, until Rockman brightened a bit. "You could come in here."

"In where? In the PET?"

"Into a computer system. I have an e-mail that Glyde asked me to pass to you, Gutsman and Roll-chan about one of those VR games Gabcom makes. Yaito-chan offered us a test run of the game."

"Really?" This intrigued Netto. Maybe it wouldn't be a waste of a Sunday after all. "Where can I get the game?"

"I'm certain if Yaito-chan wasn't too busy to see to us, one of the servants would."

Netto leapt to his feet and skated down the sidewalk, PET in hand. "Awesome! Do you know any more about the game, Rockman?"

"Sorry, Netto-kun. All I know is that it's some sort of spy game. You can play it over the Net with anyone who has the equipment."

Within moments the boys had arrived at Yaito-chan's mansion, where Netto hesitantly rang at the gate--avoiding an occurrence such as the last one, when he and Dekao had snuck in through the fence and gotten caught by Security.

"Yaito-sama is occupied," Glyde explained once Rockman had been plugged into a PET terminal. "I can arrange for one of the prototypes to be brought to you, if you like."

"That'd be fine," Rockman assured him. "Netto-kun and I will just try it out."

Glyde signaled something to the house security system and turned back to the blue Navi. "Tell Netto-san he may go to the hideout, and the game will be rerouted through the system there. The servants will bring the VR equipment."

"Got it." Rockman transferred himself to the hideout's computer after relaying the information to his Net battler.

A few moments later Netto appeared at the tree house with a jumble of equipment in his hands. "I got everything--and you got the program?"

"I did," Rockman confirmed, initializing the game on the huge screen. "Glyde says to play, you just plug the chip into your PET and put on the helmet. Then I start the game, and you choose computer players. There are Navi players built into the game."

Netto glanced at the chip. "Transmission. Not a creative name for a game these days--what else should I know?" He fastened the helmet onto his head and lowered the visor.

"Not a lot. Basically, you shoot anyone who isn't me. There are some bonuses and things, but you're supposed to find them yourself."

"Got it." Netto held up the chip connected to the helmet. "Are you ready?"

His Navi met him with a nod.

"Extension chip! Transmission--slot in!"

Immediately the visor went dark around Netto's head and he was met with a select screen. Number of Opponents.

Netto entered 40. Rockman was a good shot, after all.

Weapon.

Pistol.

Rockman had already selected "Team Battle," so Netto was presented with the last screen.

Do you want to start?

Or not?

Start.

Netto was deposited in a cityscape on his backside, a gun clattering to the ground beside his foot. He looked around warily. "Rockman?"

Nothing.

His PET was no longer in his virtual hands, which--upon testing against realistic asphalt--seemed real enough. "Rockman?"

Grudgingly he retrieved the pistol and stood, surveying the landscape. The city was lined with skyscrapers and banners, but was completely devoid of people. Netto moved into the shadow of a building and squinted at the road, searching for enemies or his missing partner.

When no one appeared after a few moments he edged out of the alley and was immediately rewarded with a spray of gunfire. He blindly aimed the pistol and fired, hitting one of the three enemy Navis in the chest.

Unfortunately, that action drew the attention of the OTHER 39 Navis in the city, at least half of which immediately began to pursue Netto. The teen elected to run for his life.

Shoving his roller blades onto his shoes, Netto took off down the empty street, which was quickly filling with the enemy Navis. All were dressed in black jumpsuits and helmets, and most carried machine guns.

He sped over the pavement, dodging back and forth, until the crest of a hill. The Navis pursued in a clump, spraying gunfire all over the city, destroying fragile windows and signs.

Just a little further--

Juking to the left, Netto prepared to start shooting the enemies over his shoulder--how could he miss?--when one of the Navi's shots actually connected with his left leg. It immediately buckled and he flailed, throwing weight onto his right. Off-balance, he careened out-of-control over the hill.

His bladed foot struck a bump in the asphalt and Netto flew into the air, pistol clattering to the ground. He closed his eyes as he was thrown, wind rushing past his head, blood pounding in his ears. This is it. I'm going to die.

Gravity finally caught the boy and Netto hurtled toward the ground, until heart-wrenching seconds later he slammed into something hard and he felt all his breath leave him. His head throbbed and his lungs refused to take in air.

"Netto-kun!"

Rockman's helmet had clattered across the pavement on impact, and had a sizable dent in it. Human and Navi were sprawled in a heap, and the spandex-clad boy looked in worse shape than Netto. His jumpsuit was torn and his hair mussed, but his presence in Netto's path of flight had been the only thing to save the brunette. Neither was injured, save for the wound in Netto's leg.

"Realistic game," Netto gasped, fighting the simulated pain.

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah." Netto took the roller blades off his shoes and tried to stand. Rockman stood in front of his partner defensively.

"What's your weapon?"

"A pistol. I lost it." Netto wasn't quite sure how far the force of gravity might have taken the gun. "You?"

"Just my Rockbuster." He fired a shot at one of the enemies, plasma impacting aganst its chest. Mortally wounded, it logged out. "But it seems to be reacting slowly."

As Netto lurched to his feet, clinging to Rockman's shoulder for support, the experienced Navi shot off 9 blasts, destroying an enemy with every shot. Netto spotted his pistol lying on the sidewalk a few meters away and staggered after it as Rockman reloaded.

"Damn!" The Navi emptied another supply of plasma into the enemies before running to Netto's side. "Come on, Netto-kun, we'll hide."

"I can't run!"

Rockman picked his friend up easily and slung him over his shoulder. "I'm faster than them. I hope."

Netto gritted his teeth as the spandex-clad boy took off at a dead run, jarring every bone in his body. He managed to get off a few shots at the enemies, taking down three Navis.

Rockman kicked open the door of the nearest building and sprinted up the stairs, dragging Netto with him. The building was run-down, old, with simulated dust everywhere. Both boys ignored the scenery. "We'll go to the roof," Rockman gasped, "and snipe them."

"Right," Netto agreed.

They pounded up the steps and burst out onto the roof, where the slightest wisp of a breeze hovered in the air. Rockman gently sat Netto on the ground and flopped down beside him. "Don't think...I've ever gotten so tired running before..."

"Must be the game," Netto wheezed. "It's probably giving you capabilities similar to a human's."

Rockman did not respond, trying to regain his breath before crawling to the edge of the roof. "Come on, we'll nab some of 'em from here."

Netto joined him, pistol in hand, and started shooting blindly at the clump of Navis in the street. "Twenty-nine. Thirty. Thirty-one. Thirty-two. Gods, Netto-kun, how many enemies did you invite?"

"Uh...forty?"

"Almost--done--" Rockman fired off seven more rounds, felling the opponents that Netto had missed. "Thirty-nine? Where's the last?"

"Maybe I hit him earlier."

"I thought I counted them--okay, shouldn't the game end?"

Both boys looked up at the sky expectantly, as though a Game Over sign would appear from the heavens.

"Oookay..."

"Well..."

Netto sprawled on the concrete good-naturedly, ignoring the flaming pain in his leg. "Well, that was fun. And this is really cool, being able to see you like this."

"I agree." Rockman's green eyes were glittering in exhilaration. "I told you we didn't always have to talk through the PET."

"Yeah, but now we're being hunted down!" Netto laughed, but his face turned solemn once again. "You know, Rockman...I never thought we'd have a chance to meet like this...and now I don't know what to say."

Rockman suspected that despite what they had just went though; Netto's mind was still on the conversation in the park. "What do you mean?"

"All that meaningful stuff doesn't come easy to me, you know that. But...Rockman...I just wanted you to know how good a friend you are to me. I really appreciate it."

"I appreciate your friendship too, Netto-kun." Rockman smiled sincerely.

Netto's face broke into a grin and he leaned forward to hug the Navi. Rockman's skin felt warm and real under his jumpsuit, and his hair tickled Netto's cheek. The computerized boy hugged back with equal strength.

A crashing sound tore the surprised boys apart--the final Navi had appeared on the rooftop. Rockman had raised his arm and felled it with the darts before either could blink.

Hesitantly Netto turned to look at Rockman, and both boys burst into peals of laughter as darkness came crashing down around them.

Game Over.

You Win.

Tears of mirth still lingered in his eyes as Netto removed the helmet and glanced at his partner on the huge screen. Rockman's jumpsuit had been repaired and he again wore his helmet. "Are you all right?"

Netto checked his leg. Not a hint of the wound remained. "Yeah, I'm fine. You?"

"I've regained my strength as well." The Navi was in much better shape than he'd been in the game. "So was it worth it?"

"Definitely. We'll tell Yaito-chan that the experiment was a big success." He unplugged the chip from his PET and moved to disconnect it from the main computer. "You ready to head back home? It's almost dark."

"Sure." Rockman transferred himself back to the PET, thanking Glyde for his assistance. "Let's go."

Netto smiled hesitantly and disconnected his PET from the terminal. "Rockman...thanks."

"Anytime, partner."

Netto cut the power and attached the PET to his belt before turning off the lights and activating the security systems in the hideout. He fumbled in the darkness for the door and slipped out of the treehouse, skating toward home before his mother began to worry. He left the game equipment beside Yaito's computer--certainly one of the servants would be sent to retrieve it.

And if they didn't, he grinned to himself; he could always come back and play the game again.

I wish I could

reach out and touch you....

~owari

Best xD

Chậc...vắng thế nhỉ..Thôi tui post tiếp vậy.:hjc:
    Spoiler:
    Transmission!

wish I could

reach out and touch you If only for the length of a

thought

It was a slow day for the Netbattlers of Akihara.

"Sorry, Netto-kun, I really need to do my piano practice today," Meiru said apologetically, holding up a sheaf of sheet music. "We could do something after school tomorrow."

"Sure...see you tomorrow, then." Meiru turned the corner and disappeared on her scooter.

"I need to have a beauty treatment done," Yaito declared from the window of her limo, halting Netto from asking the question that was about to leave his mouth. She waved and rolled up the tinted glass as the car sped off. "Bai-bai~!"

"What about you, Dekao-kun?" Netto asked hesitantly. "Want to have a Net battle?"

"Not today," he sulked. "I'm still grounded for sneaking out with you LAST week. See ya, Netto."

"Bye." The bigger boy left in the same direction Meiru had gone (probably trying to catch up to her, Netto reflected wryly) and disappeared. "Che! They're all so busy on a Sunday."

Dejected, the teen skated down the sidewalk to a small park, where he sat down on a bench and took out his PET. "You'll have to keep me company today, Rockman."

"If there's anything I can do, Netto-kun, I'll do it."

Netto's expression turned sour for a moment, then he picked up a pebble and threw it into the small pond.

"Netto-kun...?"

"Yeah, Rockman."

"What's wrong?"

Netto sighed. "I'm just bored. I wish one of the others had some time for me today."

"I'm always here."

"You're stuck in the PET. What good is that?" Netto was only letting on to a sliver of the bitterness he was feeling. "It's just great," he said sarcastically, "I have lots of casual friends, but I find myself thinking of a computer program as my best friend. That's not normal."

Rockman was quiet for a moment. "I'm your best friend?"

"Of course." Netto held the PET in front of him, smiling at the blushing Navi. "I mean, Meiru is my oldest, closest friend...but she's a girl, and they think differently sometimes. Yaito-chan is the same, and I don't know her that well...and Dekao I like, but I don't think he likes me so much." Netto's eyes were downcast still. "So...yeah, you're my best friend, but I can't even hug you or hang out with you or try new things with you...all we can do is talk."

"Is that what's been bothering you?" Rockman crossed his arms inside the PET. "I'm glad you think of me like that, but aren't you lonely?"

"Sometimes."

This seemed to bring even Rockman's spirits down a notch. "Oh."

"I wish..." Netto smiled wistfully, gazing at the sky. "I wish sometimes that you could come out of there, and we could be friends. Not Operator and Navi, just normal kids. You can't do that, can you?"

"I can't," Rockman said apologetically. "I'm made of data. There'd be no vessel to hold me outside the PET."

"I know."

Human and Navi fell silent for a few moments, until Rockman brightened a bit. "You could come in here."

"In where? In the PET?"

"Into a computer system. I have an e-mail that Glyde asked me to pass to you, Gutsman and Roll-chan about one of those VR games Gabcom makes. Yaito-chan offered us a test run of the game."

"Really?" This intrigued Netto. Maybe it wouldn't be a waste of a Sunday after all. "Where can I get the game?"

"I'm certain if Yaito-chan wasn't too busy to see to us, one of the servants would."

Netto leapt to his feet and skated down the sidewalk, PET in hand. "Awesome! Do you know any more about the game, Rockman?"

"Sorry, Netto-kun. All I know is that it's some sort of spy game. You can play it over the Net with anyone who has the equipment."

Within moments the boys had arrived at Yaito-chan's mansion, where Netto hesitantly rang at the gate--avoiding an occurrence such as the last one, when he and Dekao had snuck in through the fence and gotten caught by Security.

"Yaito-sama is occupied," Glyde explained once Rockman had been plugged into a PET terminal. "I can arrange for one of the prototypes to be brought to you, if you like."

"That'd be fine," Rockman assured him. "Netto-kun and I will just try it out."

Glyde signaled something to the house security system and turned back to the blue Navi. "Tell Netto-san he may go to the hideout, and the game will be rerouted through the system there. The servants will bring the VR equipment."

"Got it." Rockman transferred himself to the hideout's computer after relaying the information to his Net battler.

A few moments later Netto appeared at the tree house with a jumble of equipment in his hands. "I got everything--and you got the program?"

"I did," Rockman confirmed, initializing the game on the huge screen. "Glyde says to play, you just plug the chip into your PET and put on the helmet. Then I start the game, and you choose computer players. There are Navi players built into the game."

Netto glanced at the chip. "Transmission. Not a creative name for a game these days--what else should I know?" He fastened the helmet onto his head and lowered the visor.

"Not a lot. Basically, you shoot anyone who isn't me. There are some bonuses and things, but you're supposed to find them yourself."

"Got it." Netto held up the chip connected to the helmet. "Are you ready?"

His Navi met him with a nod.

"Extension chip! Transmission--slot in!"

Immediately the visor went dark around Netto's head and he was met with a select screen. Number of Opponents.

Netto entered 40. Rockman was a good shot, after all.

Weapon.

Pistol.

Rockman had already selected "Team Battle," so Netto was presented with the last screen.

Do you want to start?

Or not?

Start.

Netto was deposited in a cityscape on his backside, a gun clattering to the ground beside his foot. He looked around warily. "Rockman?"

Nothing.

His PET was no longer in his virtual hands, which--upon testing against realistic asphalt--seemed real enough. "Rockman?"

Grudgingly he retrieved the pistol and stood, surveying the landscape. The city was lined with skyscrapers and banners, but was completely devoid of people. Netto moved into the shadow of a building and squinted at the road, searching for enemies or his missing partner.

When no one appeared after a few moments he edged out of the alley and was immediately rewarded with a spray of gunfire. He blindly aimed the pistol and fired, hitting one of the three enemy Navis in the chest.

Unfortunately, that action drew the attention of the OTHER 39 Navis in the city, at least half of which immediately began to pursue Netto. The teen elected to run for his life.

Shoving his roller blades onto his shoes, Netto took off down the empty street, which was quickly filling with the enemy Navis. All were dressed in black jumpsuits and helmets, and most carried machine guns.

He sped over the pavement, dodging back and forth, until the crest of a hill. The Navis pursued in a clump, spraying gunfire all over the city, destroying fragile windows and signs.

Just a little further--

Juking to the left, Netto prepared to start shooting the enemies over his shoulder--how could he miss?--when one of the Navi's shots actually connected with his left leg. It immediately buckled and he flailed, throwing weight onto his right. Off-balance, he careened out-of-control over the hill.

His bladed foot struck a bump in the asphalt and Netto flew into the air, pistol clattering to the ground. He closed his eyes as he was thrown, wind rushing past his head, blood pounding in his ears. This is it. I'm going to die.

Gravity finally caught the boy and Netto hurtled toward the ground, until heart-wrenching seconds later he slammed into something hard and he felt all his breath leave him. His head throbbed and his lungs refused to take in air.

"Netto-kun!"

Rockman's helmet had clattered across the pavement on impact, and had a sizable dent in it. Human and Navi were sprawled in a heap, and the spandex-clad boy looked in worse shape than Netto. His jumpsuit was torn and his hair mussed, but his presence in Netto's path of flight had been the only thing to save the brunette. Neither was injured, save for the wound in Netto's leg.

"Realistic game," Netto gasped, fighting the simulated pain.

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah." Netto took the roller blades off his shoes and tried to stand. Rockman stood in front of his partner defensively.

"What's your weapon?"

"A pistol. I lost it." Netto wasn't quite sure how far the force of gravity might have taken the gun. "You?"

"Just my Rockbuster." He fired a shot at one of the enemies, plasma impacting aganst its chest. Mortally wounded, it logged out. "But it seems to be reacting slowly."

As Netto lurched to his feet, clinging to Rockman's shoulder for support, the experienced Navi shot off 9 blasts, destroying an enemy with every shot. Netto spotted his pistol lying on the sidewalk a few meters away and staggered after it as Rockman reloaded.

"Damn!" The Navi emptied another supply of plasma into the enemies before running to Netto's side. "Come on, Netto-kun, we'll hide."

"I can't run!"

Rockman picked his friend up easily and slung him over his shoulder. "I'm faster than them. I hope."

Netto gritted his teeth as the spandex-clad boy took off at a dead run, jarring every bone in his body. He managed to get off a few shots at the enemies, taking down three Navis.

Rockman kicked open the door of the nearest building and sprinted up the stairs, dragging Netto with him. The building was run-down, old, with simulated dust everywhere. Both boys ignored the scenery. "We'll go to the roof," Rockman gasped, "and snipe them."

"Right," Netto agreed.

They pounded up the steps and burst out onto the roof, where the slightest wisp of a breeze hovered in the air. Rockman gently sat Netto on the ground and flopped down beside him. "Don't think...I've ever gotten so tired running before..."

"Must be the game," Netto wheezed. "It's probably giving you capabilities similar to a human's."

Rockman did not respond, trying to regain his breath before crawling to the edge of the roof. "Come on, we'll nab some of 'em from here."

Netto joined him, pistol in hand, and started shooting blindly at the clump of Navis in the street. "Twenty-nine. Thirty. Thirty-one. Thirty-two. Gods, Netto-kun, how many enemies did you invite?"

"Uh...forty?"

"Almost--done--" Rockman fired off seven more rounds, felling the opponents that Netto had missed. "Thirty-nine? Where's the last?"

"Maybe I hit him earlier."

"I thought I counted them--okay, shouldn't the game end?"

Both boys looked up at the sky expectantly, as though a Game Over sign would appear from the heavens.

"Oookay..."

"Well..."

Netto sprawled on the concrete good-naturedly, ignoring the flaming pain in his leg. "Well, that was fun. And this is really cool, being able to see you like this."

"I agree." Rockman's green eyes were glittering in exhilaration. "I told you we didn't always have to talk through the PET."

"Yeah, but now we're being hunted down!" Netto laughed, but his face turned solemn once again. "You know, Rockman...I never thought we'd have a chance to meet like this...and now I don't know what to say."

Rockman suspected that despite what they had just went though; Netto's mind was still on the conversation in the park. "What do you mean?"

"All that meaningful stuff doesn't come easy to me, you know that. But...Rockman...I just wanted you to know how good a friend you are to me. I really appreciate it."

"I appreciate your friendship too, Netto-kun." Rockman smiled sincerely.

Netto's face broke into a grin and he leaned forward to hug the Navi. Rockman's skin felt warm and real under his jumpsuit, and his hair tickled Netto's cheek. The computerized boy hugged back with equal strength.

A crashing sound tore the surprised boys apart--the final Navi had appeared on the rooftop. Rockman had raised his arm and felled it with the darts before either could blink.

Hesitantly Netto turned to look at Rockman, and both boys burst into peals of laughter as darkness came crashing down around them.

Game Over.

You Win.

Tears of mirth still lingered in his eyes as Netto removed the helmet and glanced at his partner on the huge screen. Rockman's jumpsuit had been repaired and he again wore his helmet. "Are you all right?"

Netto checked his leg. Not a hint of the wound remained. "Yeah, I'm fine. You?"

"I've regained my strength as well." The Navi was in much better shape than he'd been in the game. "So was it worth it?"

"Definitely. We'll tell Yaito-chan that the experiment was a big success." He unplugged the chip from his PET and moved to disconnect it from the main computer. "You ready to head back home? It's almost dark."

"Sure." Rockman transferred himself back to the PET, thanking Glyde for his assistance. "Let's go."

Netto smiled hesitantly and disconnected his PET from the terminal. "Rockman...thanks."

"Anytime, partner."

Netto cut the power and attached the PET to his belt before turning off the lights and activating the security systems in the hideout. He fumbled in the darkness for the door and slipped out of the treehouse, skating toward home before his mother began to worry. He left the game equipment beside Yaito's computer--certainly one of the servants would be sent to retrieve it.

And if they didn't, he grinned to himself; he could always come back and play the game again.

I wish I could

reach out and touch you....

~owari

Best xD

tiếp đê!!fanfic dành cho ai là fan của Hub hay Saito(tui là một trong số đó^^).Tui đã ngồi khóc ngon lành khi Saito die...
    Us after this.
    [chap1]Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sounds of the heart monitor were erratic and strained, as though its owner could not decide whether to breathe. His mother knelt by his side; his best friend solemn by the headboard. His father, looking grim, was plugged into a Net terminal beside the bed.

The middle-aged man held a PET in his shaking hands, and upon its screen a similar scene was being enacted like ghostly deja vu. A young man--a boy, really--lay prone on the blue-block floors of the Net. A girl in a pink jumpsuit held his hand, crying, as a crowd of others looked silently on.

Inside the PET, a man in a labcoat ran small devices along the length on the unconscious boy's body as the child convulsed. Eventually the bigger Navi stepped away from the boy and turned to stare out of the screen. "I'm sorry, Hikari-san. It seems he's been infected with some sort of virus. It's like none I've seen before."

"You can't repair it?" Yuuichirou rasped, his throat dry. "Or isolate it?"

The Navi was hesitant. "It cannot be repaired. I can isolate it for a time. It might give him a while longer, but at risk to him being unconscious."

"Do it."

The doctor's Navi nodded and knelt beside the prone boy again, speaking to Yuuchirou over his shoulder. "The virus has infected the executable file; which, as you know is absolutely essential to his survival. His program has been frozen--the data is still there, for the moment, but the executable is so badly damagaed that it might never run again. I suggest you backup his data."

"It's backed up. That's not my concern and you know it, Emdee." Yuuichirou could barely force the words from his mouth. Rockman's program was backed up, to be certain, but the fact still remained that if Rockman's main data was destroyed, the lifelink he had to Netto would be severed.

Though the child in the hospital had calmed and quieted, the boy inside the PET was groaning, his face contorted in agony. "Netto-kun..."

Yuuichirou turned his face away, unable to observe the boy that had once been his son. "Emdee," he said decidedly, "Isolate the virus. Give me more time."

Unconscious on the hospital bed, Hikari Netto erupted into screams.

~*~*~*~*~

The scientist had not slept in days.

His office was a veritable mess of wires and disks, and he was yet again buried in it alone. Meiru was with Netto at the hospital. His wife, Haruka was home crying again.

This is all my fault.

"You are not to be faulted for trying to save your son," Emdee admonished as though reading his mind.

"I can be blamed in a dozen ways," Yuucichirou replied bitterly, entering another string of code into the computer. "And regardless, I shall be to blame if they cannot be saved, since I'm the only one who can do it. If this virus destroys Rockman, Netto will die. What good are those medical doctors when they don't even know the cause? How could I explain that my son perished because his Navi was deleted?"

He typed in more code. "If I could just finish this program, I could separate Rockman's data from the virus and store the data in another vessel where the virus can't reach. Is your protection still holding it at bay?"

"I assure you that I'm doing all I can."

The phone rang, and Yuuichirou answered it with his left hand. "Hikari here."

"Hikari-san, this is Densan City Hospital. We'd like you to come down here to talk about your son."

"I'm coming," he said reluctantly, saving his work and hanging up the phone. "Emdee, move the transfer program to my PET. I'll finish the program tonight for certain."

He took a sip of caf and disconnected the wires before hurrying to the door. "Wait for me, Netto. Just hold on a little longer."

*~*~*~*~

"An implant?"

The medical doctor's face was solemn. "He went into cardiac arrest three times during the night. We installed a small computer in his chest, and it is directly connected with his neurological system. The program in the computer will keep his heart beating and his lungs breathing where we cannot. We're running tests as quickly as we can to figure out just what is wrong with him."

Yuuichirou remained expressionless, but his heart was in his shoes. Cardiac arrest...? It seemed like such an abnormal experience for his son to be going through. Netto, lying on the bed, was silent and still.

"He still hasn't woken from the coma," the medical doctor said apologetically. "However, with the computer inside his body, we were able to have our Navis directly access his systems. They may be able to determine the problem more quickly than our research could."

Yuuichirou nodded. "I understand."

But he didn't. The only thought in his mind was, I'm going to lose them both.

~to be continued...[/SPOILER]
    chap 2 cứ từ từ nhé!
    Best xD

chap 2!!!
    Spoiler:
    Roll paced nervously around Dr. Hikari's computer systems, wondering when the programmer would come back. Rockman had fallen silent long ago; his systems completely frozen, not moving an inch. Even Gutsman looked forlorn as he crouched by Rockman's side.

Nearby, Emdee was monitoring the virus' progress as best he could. "I certainly hope Hikari-san finishes at the hospital soon. I fear my barriers won't last much longer."

"What else is there to be done?" Roll asked slowly. She didn't quite understand what the doctor was trying to do, only that he'd save Rockman. And Netto.

"He's creating a transfer program," Emdee explained. "It extracts Rockman's data out of his Navi program, and transfers it to another source. However, since a Navi is a complicated program--and this Navi the most complicated of all--the data would have to be stored in a compressed file. Hikari-san needs a vessel to hold the data after it is extracted, since it will no longer be compressed."

Roll looked at the transfer program, a little drone in a ball shape floating back and forth, and questioned, "Why not just keep it in his PET?"

"He could. Once tranferring the data to the PET, however, a new program would need to be created to hold it--a Navi needs its personality, physical attributes, mental capabilities, and strength directly linked to its program. That would take time. In case there is an emergency, the transfer program can be used to transfer Rockman's data to the PET. However, although the basic functions of the code have been input, the transfer program is not quite completed, due to constant interruptions."

"But...he'll be saved?"

"Yes. We're is trying to create a replacement file to--a moment, please, Roll-chan. Yes, Hikari-san?"

Dr. Hikari's face was troubled on the screen above them. "Emdee, Netto's had a computer implanted in his body to regulate his breathing and heartbeat. I want you to go in and speak to the Navis in the computer and gather as much information as possible. I'm plugging you into Netto's monitors now."

"Yes, I'll do so." Emdee looked at Roll and Gutsman. "Keep an eye on him. If anything changes--anything--tell Hikari-san."

Roll nodded as the other Navi transferred himself out of the PET. She then moved to Rockman's side and picked up his gloved hand, lying limp. "Rockman..."

Gutsman looked mildly jealous, but even he was subdued by the dire nature of the situation. "Gutsu..."

Rockman let out a little rasping noise, barely noticible.

Roll froze. "What did he just...?" She leaned closer until Rockman's lips nearly touched her cheek, but he did not make a sound.

"Tell the doctor, de gutsu," Gutsman pronounced with surprising finality.

Roll directed her voice toward the sky. "Hikari-san! Hikari-san!"

No answer came, which scared Roll a little. Gutsman tried. "Hikari-san, de gutsu!"

Roll detected an open connection--they were still plugged into Netto's computer systems. So where was the doctor? He wouldn't have strayed far from his PET, she knew, knowing what important things it contained. "Go get Emdee," Roll told Gutsman, kneeling by Rockman's side.

"Right, de--" He stood, but as he moved Rockman's green eyes flew open and he loosed a scream. Gutsman jumped back.

Roll held the blue-clad Navi's hand tightly. "Hang on, hang on. We're going to get help."

"The virus," Rockman gasped, clutching her with all his strength. "It's gotten through the confinement--it's corrupting my systems!"

Roll leaned back in shock, tilting her face to the screen above. "Hikari-san! Emdee! Meiru-chan!"

Rockman's green eyes were hazy with pain. Gutsman lumbered over to the spherical program and guided it to Rockman's side. "Transfer."

"To what?" Roll asked, horrified. They couldn't transfer Rockman without the doctor or his Navi! "Gutsman--" But before she could come up with an argument, the first visible signs of the virus began to show. Data began to pour off of Rockman's jumpsuited body in streams, as though he were melting. His lower limbs began to turn black and fizzle away.

"He's--? Oh God! Transfer him!" she screamed, leaping towards the drone. Obeidiently the drone extended a clump of wires from his circular body and touched his hand.

On the Navi's other side, Roll clutched his hand, and Rockman turned his head to face her. "Roll...if this is good-bye..."

"No, no, Rockman!" She forced back tears. "It's not!"

He smiled weakly. "Well then...thank you...and tell Netto-kun that I'm sorry..."

"Rockman..."

Before he could reply his body went slack and his eyes dead. "Transfer complete," the drone sang.

Roll and Gutsman were silent, watching in mesmerized horror as Rockman's program was destroyed by the virus. Roll was in tears; and, as the last scrap of blue data sunk into the floor, Gutsman dropped to his knees and touched the ground where the other Navi had lay. There was nothing left.

Both Navis inspected the drone hestitantly. Gutsman knocked on its metal shell. "Gutsu...?" No answer came. "Take to Emdee," Gutsman said with finality. "Make sure Rockman is inside."

"I...I guess..." Roll said hesitantly. "He'll know what to do...and Hikari-san's PET is plugged into the computer where he is..."

Gutsman nodded and picked up the drone, which had retracted into its spherical shape. The two then left the area and transferred themselves to where they would hopefully find the missing Navi doctor.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The system was full of medical-type Navis: monitoring heartbeat, breathing, brainwaves, hunger levels, circulatory information, and more. "It looks like Netto is in good hands now," Roll breathed.

"Rockman must be alive," Gutsman proclaimed, holding out the metal sphere for her to see. "Netto is alive, so Rockman is alive."

"You're right." Relief flooded through her. "Let's find Emdee, then, and see what we should do with the drone."

"Roll-chan!" It seemed Emdee had found them first. "I said not to leave him! What are you doing here?"

Roll was unable to answer, still trying not to cry. Gutsman pointed at the sphere. "Virus came out, so we put Rockman in there."

"In the program!" Emdee looked troubled. "It was incomplete. Hikari-san!"

"He's not here," Roll choked out. "All of Rockman's data was flowing away, so we started the program."

"I understand," Emdee said, inspecting the drone. "However, this wasn't designed to do more than transfer data, especially such complex data as a Navi. It is best that we contact Hikari-san and find someplace in which to store the data until his program has been re-created."

Suddenly the area in which they stood became abuzz with Navis. Many were running from station to station, others plugging in and out of the main computer system. Roll looked around in horror. "What's happening? Is Netto dying?"

Emdee opened his mouth to speak and logged out before her eyes. A nanosecond later Gutsman was also whisked away; and before she could say a word she was back in Dr. Hikari's PET.

The drone, spinning lazily on its axis, settled gently to the floor where Gutsman had dropped it and went into standby mode. Sensing no other Navis nearby, the programs' autopilot directed it to the nearest outlet where it could proceed with its basic programming:

Harness the data

Transfer the data

Preserve the data

Extending a clump of wires, the drone complied.

~*~*~

The sudden activity brought a half dozen doctors--Dr. Hikari among them, who had been in another room inspecting Netto's medical history--to Netto's room. Dr. Hikari's personal PET lay on the bed; Roll's voice calling from its speakers. The bed was empty.

The patient, sheets tangled around his legs, was fumbling to plug his own PET connector into the nearest jack, and barely succeeded as the doctors entered the room. "Netto!" his father cried.

The child, however, was staring brokenly at the terminal's screen, which was blank. He cast a dead-eyed glance at Dr. Hikari. "Papa...he's gone..."

"Netto...?"

"Something's happened to Rock! I can't feel him anymore!"

Transfer complete.

Gasping, Netto's eyes rolled back and he collapsed.

~to be continued....

chap 3!!!
    Spoiler:
    Netto awoke for the second time that day in his hospital bed.

His brain slightly foggy, the teen stared at the white ceiling, a peculiar feeling of hesitation and dread flowing through him. Something was wrong.

He could not feel.

He could not feel the sheets beneath him or the gentle tickle of the air conditioner on his face. His could not move his arms or legs, and suddenly--horrifyingly--his eyes shifted position to blink confusedly at his surroundings, when he had made no effort to do so.

He tried to speak, and found that no sound would emerge.

Paralyzed?

Am I....dead?

His body rose of its own volition and struggled into a sitting position. No, not dead. Yet Netto had no control whatsoever over his movements.

Neither could he feel his mouth open to speak, but the sound of his own voice scared him even more badly than waking up as he had. "W-what...?"

Noises drifted down the hallway as a number of doctors hurried into the room, all breathing sighs of relief to see "Netto" awake. Dr. Hikari was not among them.

"Netto-kun?" one of the nurses said gently, touching his arm in a place where Netto could not feel or even see. "How are you feeling now? You gave us quite a scare."

"Netto...-kun?" His voice sounded shaken and disoriented. "What...where am I? Why did you call me that?"

Get out! Netto screamed silently. Give it back to me!

The young Netbattler would not even have known that his anguish had gone noticed if not for the widening of the imposter's eyes. "Who's there?"

Two doctors Netto recognized exchanged a look. "Now, Netto, you're going to be a bit disoriented at first, you've only just come out of your coma. It's best that you take it easy."

The teenager's arms flailed in panic. "No! This isn't right...! Where is he? Where's my father!?"

"We're going to call your parents right away," the nurse said gently. "Lie back, why don't you?"

"He's gone...?" Netto could hear sheer terror in "his" voice. "Netto...Netto, where are you!?"

I'm here. I'm here! the trapped boy said, frustrated almost to tears.

Netto's hands flew past his eyes to hold his head, as though the imposter were in agony. "This isn't right! I don't understand what's going on!"

"We might have to sedate him," a female doctor said softly.

"No! Don't do that!" Panic began to rise in both the real Netto and his comandeered voice. "I need to see my father! No...no, I need my PET, quick, where is it!?"

"You're worrying about your Navi at a time like this?"

"Netto" did not reply, instead flung himself out of bed, bringing a wave of nausea to the real Netto's addled brain. Sure enough, his PET lay on a nearby table, and the frail boy hit a button to clear the screensaver.

Windows were open, but the PET's Navi was clearly missing. "Gone..." Netto's voice said miserably. "I don't understand. Then where...?"

"Sedate him," a doctor said, and the nurse stepped forward.

"No!" the imposter screamed, bolting past all the doctors with amazing speed.

Desperately, Netto tried to pry back some control from the entity that had taken over his body and was running with it right out of the hospital. Stop! Stay there!

The the fake Netto cast a glance over his shoulder, where at least ten doctors had given chase. Netto groaned inwardly. Fine, then, keep running! Find my dad, if that's what you want! He'll know you're not me in a heartbeat!

This made "Netto" stop again, clutching his head. "I feel so...sick...what are these emotions?"

Run! Netto commanded, somehow feeling in his heart that the imposter meant him no harm. Obiediently his body began to run again, this time out through the main doors of the hospital and down into a Metroline station nearby. He wasn't wearing shoes, but the real Netto couldn't feel the pain he should have been going through.

Netto could hear his heart pounding in his chest--not one, but two heartbeats, beating in synchronization. A sudden realization hit him very hard. Rockman...?

The other presence in his body did not answer, and Netto fell silent, doubting his suspicion. He rose unwillingly and got off the train at the Kagakusho* building, running full-out across the sidewalk and into the building.

Fortunately, the imposter seemed to know exactly where he was going. He headed into an elevator and went up a floor to the office of one Dr. Hikari. The doctor was immersed in a heap of papers and wiring. "Netto" spoke. "Father...?"

"Netto!" Dr. Hikari rose and ran to embrace his son. "You're awake! What are you doing here!?"

"I'm not him! I can't find Netto! He's gone!"

"Gone...? But...you ARE Netto. Are you sure you're all right?"

"No, you don't understand! I'm not Netto at all!"

"What...?"

"I'm Saito!"

~to be continued...

chap4!!!
    Spoiler:
    "Saito!?" Dr. Hikari said in shock, stepping forwrad. "Netto...that's impossible. Saito died a long time ago."

"It's true!" the boy protested, and Netto knew that it was. Hikari Saito was the one person he connected with 100%--as his brother, his best friend, and his Navi.

Rock... Netto whispered inside his head, for that was the name he had always called his twin by. Saito did not seem to hear him.

The look on Yuuichirou's face almost made Netto's heart break. Saito was shaking violently, his heart beating fast. "Father...Papa...I don't know how I got in here...but I am...and I can't find Netto-kun anywhere..."

Yuuichirou looked tired and worn, but he smiled. Netto couldn't tell if his father believed him or not. Slowly he stepped forward and gathered "Netto" into a hug. "Why don't you tell me what happened, then...?"

"It's so strange...I always wanted to be able to touch you, but...not like this..."

Dr. Hikari smiled weakly. "Netto...Saito...have a seat. I'm going to try and have Emdee check you over. Can I plug my PET into your heart monitor?"

"Heart monitor?" Saito asked, the word driving into Netto like a stake. That thing that was attached to my chest when I woke up this morning...?

"A monitor implanted inside you," Dr. Hikari explained. "It's very small, so you probably didn't notice it. You went into cardiac arrest several times -- the doctors had to link a computer to your brain to keep you breathing and your heart beating."

Netto's stomach turned to ice. He had thought it was some hospital device that he could remove like an electrode. But...by the sounds of his father's explanation...

It's...permanent?

"A computer inside him? Maybe it has something to do with how I got out of Netto-kun's PET."

Dr. Hikari scrutinized his son. Netto hoped his father didn't think Saito was as crazy as the misplaced twin was beginning to sound. "I'll have Emdee take a look. According to him, Rockman's data was stripped from his program and placed in a drone that Meiru-chan's Navi was taking care of. However, Meiru and Dekao's Navis have disappeared, so Emdee is having trouble locating Rockman as well."

"But I'm right here..." Saito whispered softly. His father looked strained. "Wait...my program stripped?" he asked as Dr. Hikari plugged into the tiny adaptor on his chest, fear evident in his voice. "Can it be repaired?"

"The transfer wasn't complete," Dr. Hikari replied. Emdee transferred to the computer in Netto's chest. "If the data isn't corrupted, then yes, I can recreate Saito.bat and Rockman. It'll just take time. Emdee, what's going on in there?"

"Something curious," the doctor's Navi answered. "When Netto disconnected your PET this morning I returned immediately to your PC, and I assumed that Roll and Gutsman were with their Operators or inside your PET. But there is no one in here...all the medical Navis have been deactivated, and there's no sign of Roll or Gutsman." He paused for a moment. "Hikari-san, it seems that the minicomputer inside Netto has been locked up. Whether it is a virus or a malfunctioning program I do not know, but it has taken all the Navis offline and appears to have pirated all the system memory. It is very fortunate that Netto is still alive."

Could a virus have infected me like it did Rock? Netto wondered. But...how exactly is Rockman in my body?

"If he even is alive!" Saito said, panicked. "Wait, then, if he were to die then I would die too. Isn't that the whole cause of this problem? So he must be somewhere."

"I am attempting to penerate its security system," Emdee said nonchalantly. "It is no difficulty at all for such a high-level programmer as myself. Level One security, cleared."

Saito had been holding his breath, but nothing happened. Netto wondered too.

"Level Two security, cleared." Still, neither of the boys felt a change. "It seems to be a very complex program, there are 3 or more security levels. I fear that this is a virus--I will deactivate it to keep it from spreading to your PET."

"That's fine. We can analyze it later."

"Level Three security, cleared."

It was at this point that Netto turned to look at his father, and was surprised to find that his head actually moved. Not expecting the loss of control, Saito twitched in surprise. "What...?"

"Level Four security, cleared."

Saito was stock-still, intently watching the PET plugged into his brother's chest. Netto was equally unmoving.

"Level Five security, cleared." All the blood rushed to Netto's head as he regained full control of his limbs. He fell limp against the back of the chair, disoriented and twitching.

"Netto!" His father dove forward to ensure that Netto didn't tumble out of the chair. "Emdee, contain that virus! Delete it, contain it, just get it out of there!"

"No!" Netto managed to choke out, pulling away. "Emdee, don't touch that program!"

"Netto, it could be harmful." Emdee warned.

"It's not, I know it's not! Saito, can you hear me? Rock? Emdee, open the networks. Give that program access to the whole computer."

"You wish me to remove the medical security operations?"

His father looked at him gravely. "Netto, this is dangerous. You don't know what you're thinking. Emdee--"

"--let it in," Netto finished determinedly. "Now."

Emdee looked out of the PET for Dr. Hikari's confirmation.

"I hope you know what you're doing," his father sighed.

"It's my body," Netto replied. "Let him in."

"Hospital security program deactivated."

Netto held his breath for a split second. "Rock...?"

His own voice came back at him. "Netto-kun?"

The Netbattler gave a sigh of relief. "I've so glad you're okay! I was so worried when I saw you'd left my PET!"

"I am too. I woke up and everyone thought I was you..."

"I was there," Netto laughed. "I just couldn't talk."

"Emdee," Dr. Hikari said slowly, "please analyze that program Netto just opened access to, and find out where its connections are."

"Analyzing." Emdee paused. "It is mostly raw data that seems to have been deposited directly into the computer's operating system. The system is wired directly to Netto's neurological pathways, giving it control over Netto's bodily functions."

"Netto, lift your arm," Dr. Hikari instructed.

Netto, still conversing with Rockman out loud, complied.

"It seems that the data was separated from another program, or more than one--I see distinct traces of the Saito.bat application in here."

"Saito.bat?"

"Yes. It would seem that young Netto, or Saito, was correct--some of the data here was originally part of Saito.bat, and the rest can be identified as Rockman.exe."

~to be continued...

tới 15 chap lận.Thui từ từ tui post tiếp nha.:gindep:
    Last edited by shizu_hikari; 10-04-2009 at 10:37 AM.

ai có fanfics về megaman (nhất là battle network)thì gửi lên cho tui với nhe
    chap 5
    Spoiler:
    "It's not an impossible theory," Dr. Hikari declared, inspecting the readings Emdee was sending to his PET. "Somehow the drone deposited Rockman's data into the heart monitor--probably after Netto pulled the plug on you and Roll. Since the biomedical system was linked to the medulla oblongata in order to control Netto's heartbeat and breathing, many neurological pathways were mapped by the other Navis. Some remaining fragments of Rockman's original program integrated the systems into themselves, and he became more connected to Netto's functions than Netto himself. It's very similar to the cyborg research they did a few years back."

"You mean my program was controlling Netto's body?" Saito asked.

"Until Emdee shut down the security systems, yes. You had a lot of protection programs--it was so surprising that a virus managed to penetrate them. Those scripts were still functional in what was left of your program, so they were transferred to the CPU itself." He paused. "Basically, you have control over Netto's bodily functions, and were blocking Netto's access for a time. Now that the system is disabled and you're aware of what's happening, you only control those systems when you want to."

Saito looked dismayed. "But I don't want that. I wouldn't want to take it from Netto-kun."

"It's okay, Rockman," Netto interrupted. "Papa will rewrite your Navi program just like before--right? Until then, you can stay here with me. You're safe here."

"It's not going to be as easy as you think," his father warned. "You will have another person living in your head. I don't know if he's connected to all of your brain functions, but obviously he's tapped into your speech and movement sections, and could wander into your thoughts at any time and leave you in a bad situation. Saito, can you remap any of the computer systems in there? Make sure your data comes from the CPU backups and not Netto himself. If you start thinking for him you could do some serious damage."

"Ah...all right," Saito said hesitantly. "Maybe once I figure out the computer I can block off that area of activity, to give Netto-kun some privacy."

"Good idea," Dr. Hikari agreed. "Meanwhile, I'll start recreating Rockman's executable file."

"Okay," Netto replied, standing weakly. "When can I--we--go home?"

Dr. Hikari laughed. "Now that Rockman's been transferred, you're not in any danger. The virus should have been destroyed with his Navi body, and now that he's out of danger your body should function like normal again. Rockman's taking up all the CPU functions, for certain, but you shouldn't need the monitor anymore. You should make a perfect recovery--but I suggest that you go back to the hospital and rest for now. Take Emdee with you and keep him there to make sure no one deactivates the monitor or tries to rewire it to work the way it was supposed to. I'll call your mother, if they haven't already contacted her to let her know that you've escaped." Dr. Hikari looked pointedly at Netto's bare feet.

"Sorry, Papa," Netto said sheepishly.

"That's my fault," Saito said a moment later, in an identical voice.

The man shook his head and disconnected the PET. "Just be careful. Here, take my slippers and lab coat at least."

The boys thanked their father one after the other, earning another eyebrow twitch from the doctor. Netto then slid the slippers onto his feet and padded back to the elevator, down to the lobby, and out to the Metroline station. "Netto-kun..."

"Yeah, Rockman?"

"I didn't mean for this to happen, you know."

The conversation continued in whispers throughout the train ride back to Akihara-cho. "It's okay. I don't mind--really."

"But this is all my fault." Saito said, his voice strained. A few of the other Metroline riders gave Netto a puzzled stare. "If it hadn't been for that virus..."

"Relax. It wasn't your fault, and I don't know what I'd do if I lost you--even if I didn't lose myself in the process." His last words were nearly cut off by a giggle from his twin. "I missed you," Netto said softly, when he had control of his speech centres again.

"I missed you too," Saito replied. "Even though such a crazy experience did this to us, it's still amazing--being able to hear your voice in my ears, being able to walk around the outside world...I never dreamed it could ever happen."

"Me either," Netto agreed. "You know, people are staring." He looked pointedly at several other patrons, who averted their eyes.

Saito let out a chuckle. "Netto-kun..."

"That's so surreal, hearing my own voice say that. But I know it's you, because you always talk so softly."

"I do?"

"Yeah." Netto smiled. "Especially when you say 'Netto-kun.' It has a very Rockman ring to it, no matter whose voice is doing the talking."

"Netto-kun..."

"There it is again!" the brunette laughed, stepping off the train. "Well, shall we go back to the hospital?"

"Glad to see you're feeling better." Another voice cut dryly into the conversation.

"Uh-oh..." both boys chorused at once, but neither was able to tell which one of them had spoken.

Meiru gave them a hard stare, taking in the pajamas, lab coat, and slippers. "Hikari Netto, what on Earth are you doing!?

~to be continued...

chap 6
    Spoiler:
    "M-Meiru-chan!" Saito managed to choke out, since Netto seemed to be mostly in shock.

"What are you doing out of the hospital?" she demanded, hands on hips.

Saito released his control so a flustered Netto could reply. "I went to see Papa."

"In your pajamas?"

Before Netto could say anything, Saito was back in charge. "Where's Roll-chan? Is she okay!?"

Meiru gave the boys a curious glance. "Of course she is. She transferred back to my PET after you disconnected your dad's."

"How's Rockman?" Roll's voice emerged from the terminal at Meiru's side.

He hesitated suddenly, so Netto took over. "We're both fine now. The transfer was successful."

Meiru handed Netto her PET so Roll could speak to the boy directly. "I'm so glad you two are okay! Where did Rockman's data go after Gutsman and I logged out?"

"Uh..." Netto hoped that his twin would answer, but Saito made no move. "The drone program put it into my computer for safekeeping." He did not mention that Rockman was tapped into his biotechnological networks.

"He gave us a scare," Roll said, and Saito quirked a slight smile.

"Anyway, it looks like I don't have to head to the Government Complex," Meiru declared. "I was going to your dad's office to ask about Rockman, but now I've found you instead. How are you doing?"

"Much better, thanks," Netto replied.

Saito, thinking as always of his twin, gently led Meiru out of the train station and out into the sunlight. "Actually, we were just going back to the hospital."

"We?"

Netto made a face. I wonder if we should tell her. She is my best friend after all. Out loud he said, "Just me, sorry. I'm a little sleepy."

He wished he knew what Rockman was thinking about as the Navi led them through the streets of Akihara. Saito mused to himself aloud, dropping obvious hints for the brunette. "I want to get some normal clothes, and shoes."

"Then I have to go to the hospital and get my PET," Netto added.

Meiru looked at Netto--who now had control of both movement and speech--strangely. "You sound so odd."

"What?"

"Your voice keeps fluctuating," she said slowly. "I can't put my finger on it. You're being very soft-spoken one moment, and then talking very fast the next. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah," Netto said quietly, trying to modulate his voice. It was the same difference he'd pointed out to Saito on the train.

Meiru and Netto entered the Hikari house, the latter calling a greeting as they paused in the door.Getting no answer, the boy plodded upstairs to his room. Saito spoke the moment they were alone. "Well, what do we do now?"

"I'm not sure," Netto confessed a moment later, pulling on a pair of shorts. "Why aren't we telling Meiru-chan that you're here?"

"We're not? I was just expecting you to tell her."

"You had control of my voice!"

"I let it go every time I finished a sentence!"

"Well, I didn't know that!" Netto said sourly, slipping on his blue bandanna.

"Fine, you handle it." Saito said lightly. He then fell silent.

"Aw, Rock...Rockman?" Netto scowled and jokingly rapped on the side of his own head. "Rock?"

Saito replied only by shrugging.

"Oy." Netto grabbed his rollerblades and ran downstairs to where Meiru was waiting. "Sorry about that, Meiru-ch--eh?" The room was empty. "Meiru-chan?"

A muffled thump came from the back room, and Netto instinctively followed it. Meiru sat on the floor with a gag in her mouth as a tall man Netto didn't recognize tied her hands together. He looked up with a smirk as Netto entered the room. "Well. Hikari Netto. Just the person I wanted to see."

"Who are you?" Netto demanded.

"No one in particular," the stranger spat. "Just one of the faceless World Three supporters whose life you and your Navi destroyed."

"Get away from her," Netto said sharply. Meiru's eyes were wide with fear.

"I don't think you're in a position to make demands, kid," the man laughed. "I'm going to delete your Navi, and then I'm going to kill you!"

The voice that next came out of Netto was bitter and cold. "Delete? I think I'm much too far gone for that now."

Even Netto was surprised by the vehemence in his twin's voice. "Rock..."

"Let me handle this, Netto-kun," Saito said quietly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." Saito smiled tightly and shifted his weight, sinking into a battle stance.

The intruder looked confused by the exchange. "Are you crazy or something, kid? Where's your PET?"

"You want the Navi?" Saito said with a feral smile. "You've got him." With that he sprung forward, launching himself at the ex-WWW member.

Every bit of fighting skill and instinct to protect himself and his partner went into the attack, and Netto was carried along for the ride. Saito tackled the loyalist and knocked him to the floor with a grunt. Meiru inched away from the fight.

"What--what the hell!" the man gasped as soon as he regained his breath. He grabbed "Netto's" arm tightly. "Kid...that was a bad idea."

"Oh no," Saito whispered, so quietly that Netto himself barely heard. "That was a bad idea."

Though Netto's body didn't have half the strength Rockman's did, Saito still possessed the fighting prowess and agility that his Navi body had. Saito's hand shot out to grab the loyalist's arm and slipped under it, catching the man so off-guard that he was unable to stop himself from being hurled to the floor.

The loyalist wheezed and grabbed for Saito, who darted back in an instant. The older man didn't even have time to move before Saito was on him again. Two punches connected with the man's gut before he doubled over in pain, unable to move.

"Well. That got out a little pent-up frustration." Saito grinned and stretched sinuously, his voice once again mild.

"R-Rockman?" Netto breathed, realizing that the Navi had released his control.

"Eh...sorry," his twin said with a blush. "I shouldn't have reacted like that."

"No apologies needed. Actually...nice work."

Saito sighed and untied Meiru, wrapping the ropes around the loyalist, who was still immobile with pain. "You're lucky he didn't have his Rockbuster," Netto admonished. Saito stifled a laugh.

Meiru stared at Netto in disbelief. "What just happened?"

Netto waited for Saito to answer, but he was beginning to realize that his twin kept silent at the most inopportune times. "Meiru-chan...Rockman's data...is inside of me. In my implant. He's linked to me...he's inside my head."

chap 7
    Spoiler:
    Meiru gasped. "Are you sure you're supposed to be out of the hospital yet?"

"It's true," Saito said quietly, in his soft-spoken tone. Though the voice was Netto's the words froze Meiru where she was.

"How can that be possible?" she asked, her voice shaking.

"It's complicated..." Saito started to reply.

Netto switched gears. "Che! Do you two have to be so serious at a time like this? There's a World Three guy right in front of us!"

"Oh...right!" Saito blushed.

"Meiru-chan, can Roll check out the house's security system?" Netto asked.

"I guess so." Meiru's PET was on the floor, its power turned off by the intruder. She turned it back on. "Roll, are you all right?"

"I'm fine, Meiru-chan. What happened?" The pink-jumpsuited Navi looked shaken, and Gutsman stood in the background.

"Nothing to worry about," Meiru soothed. "A break-in at Netto's, but we took care of him. I'm going to plug-in to the house security system, okay? Make sure they didn't do anything to it."

"Okay," Roll agreed. Meiru plugged the cord into a socket on the wall and she and Netto/Saito watched with interest as Roll investigated.

"Viruses," the pink Navi declared. "Just some Mettool."

"Can you delete them?" Saito asked breathlessly.

"Worried?" Netto said with a sly grin.

"A little," Saito admitted.

"Okay, that is bizarre," Meiru groaned. "Talk inside Netto's head or something."

"We can't," Saito admonished. "We haven't--"

The door flew open. "Meiru-chaaaaaaan!"

"Dekao-kun!" Meiru glanced away from her PET, where Roll was easily tromping Mettool.

"Meiru-chan! Are you all right?" he exclaimed, running to her side. The big boy took a moment to stare at the other occupant of the room. "Netto?"

"That's me."

Dekao gaped for a moment. "Aren't you in the hospital?"

"Well, I was..."

"Meiru-chan," Roll interrupted. "The viruses are gone."

"Good, nice work. No Navis in there?"

"None."

Meiru unplugged the cord. "That guy's Navi must still be in his PET. Come on, let's check it out."

"Yeah." Netto went to the loyalist's side and grabbed his PET, allowing Rockman's agile instincts to help him avoid the man's thrashing body. With Meiru peering over his shoulder, he switched on the PET, and a purple Navi appeared on the screen.

"Where's Snides-sama?" it questioned, looking hard at Netto. "Are you Hikari?"

"I am..." Netto answered slowly. "Your Operator is...incapacitated...at the moment." He wasn't quite sure what to say, and Saito didn't make any suggestions.

A moment later another Navi appeared beside the first, a green one. "Server-sama has completed his mission. Hikari has been disposed of."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Netto snapped, and both enemy programs turned to look at him.

The green one looked angry. "Snides was supposed to kill him! Where's his Navi?"

"Let's go to your PET," the purple one suggested, glaring at Netto. The two Navis disappeared, leaving Netto staring at the PET in shock.

"'Disposed of?'" Saito said finally, a tinge of worry in his voice.

"There were two of them..." Netto hissed. "One came here. The other must have went after Papa! We've got to get back to the labs!"

"Right!"

Netto jammed his rollerblades onto his shoes and charged out the door, Meiru and Dekao hot on his heels. Saito wished there was something he could do to comfort his friend, but Netto was skating much too fast for him to risk taking over. When Netto finally did look over his shoulder, Saito saw that Meiru alone was following them, riding her scooter and yelling aloud to Roll something the boys ahead couldn't hear.

Netto fell noisily down the stairs into the Metroline station, barely landing on his feet. "Be careful, Netto-kun!" Saito managed to instinctively call.

"I know!" Netto answered in turn, shoving coins into the fare box and skidding into the train, Meiru a step behind. "You worry too much, Rockman."

"I didn't want you back in the hospital with a broken leg," Saito bantered good-naturedly.

"Roll, how's Dekao-kun?" Meiru questioned.

"Dekao called the police, de gutsu," Gutsman answered from the PET. "He's coming back to Meiru-chan now."

"Tell him we're on our way to the Science Labs," Meiru instructed. "Roll, you have access to Hikari-san's PC, right? Go ahead and meet us there."

"Okay, Meiru-chan!" Roll linked to Emdee's computer while Saito turned his attention to his twin.

Netto was still panicked and angry. "Netto-kun?"

"Hm?"

"Calm down..."

A laugh escaped the young teen. "I'm okay. Thanks, Rock."

If any of the other passengers noticed, they didn't say anything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When Netto and Meiru arrived at the Labs, it was clear that something had indeed happened. There were police cars and ambulances outside the building, and a huge crowd milling in the lobby. No one was at the main desk, so Netto, Saito and Meiru took the elevator up to Dr. Hikari's office.

There, they quickly pinpointed the source of the disturbance. Police tape held back a flood of reporters and staff, and several officers were shooing away the crowd. Netto squeezed to the front, just inside his father's lab.

Inside the office was a swarm of emergency teams, and lying on the floor in a pool of blood was a person Netto knew very well. "Oh my God..." Saito gasped as ice crept into their stomach.

Netto let out a howl of agony and bolted forward, under the tape and through a clump of surprised officers. Saito could feel Netto's anger burning inside them, and he fought to control the urge to calm his twin.

Meiru's voice called out to them from behind. "Netto! Rock!"

An officer beside the injured man was talking to a medic, who was gently moving him onto a stretcher. "They suspect it was a World Three loyalist, and--hey! Kid, what do you think you're doing?"

Netto dropped to his knees beside his father and Saito willed the man's eyes to open and reassure them that it was okay. Dr. Hikari's face was contorted with pain--he seemed to be alive but unconscious.

"Papa..." Netto whispered.

Saito could feel dull shock replacing his twin's anger. He dared not take control, except to murmur softly, "Netto-kun..."

In the background, other voices began to speak.

"Oh my God, it's Hikari's son."

"Move the crowd, this man needs to get to the hospital!"

"Apply more pressure!"

"Netto!"

"World Three..." Netto said dully, the implications of that sinking in to his mind. "Rock...they went through Papa...to get to us."

~to be continued...

Best xD

Fan fiction dễ kiếm thấy mồ, trên DA có đầy

Cho một cái link đây, tại dài quá, lười post, của MMX
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx/megamanxtech/fanfic.html
    Last edited by shadow_hunter; 07-05-2009 at 07:49 AM.

Truyện mới đây:
    --- MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK 5 ---
    __ Double team __

P/S:Đừng nói tớ copy nhé.Tớ là Cobalt.Blaster bên MMVN đây.Truyện này là của tớ sáng tác 100% đấy.
    Last edited by Minhtri; 03-06-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Last edited by Minhtri; 01-06-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Tớ đọc rồi,cậu có post rồi nhưng bị ngắt. Dù sao truyện vẫn hay, viết tiếp nha
    Best xD

http://www.fanfiction.net/community/...crossover/1786
    đầy fanfic megaman nhá!Khuyến cáo nên tìm đọc fanfic A Navi Named Lightman của Serenade of Light, truyện này cực hay và cảm động luôn
    Best xD